Theme Preview Rss

Book Review: Love (fruit of the spirit) 6-week study

Fruit of the Spirit: Love Cultivating Spirit-Given Character
By Calvin Miller
Published by Thomas Nelson

When I got this book, like most books (lol), I was really excited! "Love" is designed to be used as a six week study in the fruit of the spirit. I was really looking forward to cultivating personal growth with this book.

I struggle with yelling and getting frustrated too easily - I had hoped that the study would give deep biblical insights and suggested paths to growth for each area in the fruit. Instead I received a light, daily devotional style read. (I was able to read the whole study in short time).

In defense of the author, the study was intended to be used as a small groups resource. Perhaps he had intended the depth to be given though the interpersonal relationships rather than the personal journey with the book alone.

PROS:
  • very quick, daily devotionals to read though
  • thought provoking questions at the end of each day
  • an affordable resource for small groups
All in all, the study was just too light to be as thought provoking and in depth as I would have preferred.

I always review honestly even though I received this book as part of a blogger review network from Thomas Nelson.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...