Theme Preview Rss

Life Updates - Moving again! p1

picture by Aeolos | Dreamstime.com
Hello world!  It's been a while since I really have had time (or the energy) to post personal updates. The reason?

We are moving! Again. sigh.  And also YAY!

I have been progressively moving a full Durango of things every day a week, except Sunday.  I have been actively trying to get the things we use all the time unpacked and put away as well.  This is in hopes that I will not be burnt out or overwhelmed once the move is complete.

Somehow, I lost a day this week too so when I woke up and looked at the calender, I nearly panicked when I saw that we only have 2 more days until moving day!

It seems that I am one of those people. No matter how hard I plan, work or actively pursue a perfect moving goal, I never hit the mark.  I am always left scrambling and stressed out. sigh.  This time however, I do have it much more together than last time, so that is a plus if anything. LOL

So, you may be asking yourself, "Why are they moving again, after just making the trek across country?"  Well, for a couple of reasons...
  •   First of all, once my husband finally brought out the majority of our stuff from California, it became painfully obvious that it was going to take a lot of work to get it all to work in our 2 bedroom, 1 bath space with all of 730 square feet. 
      It got to the point where I unpacked all I could and had boxes in nearly every room that could not be unpacked.  The small, one car garage, was so full, I'd have to take boxes OUT just to unpack them and move them back in.  I was either going to have to buy a ton of utility shelves or make them.  Since we are out here predominantly by ourselves, that was going to be a massive undertaking for me alone.
    .
  • Second, I sort of believe it was the Lords will.  (I say sorta because my own personal feelings for the place could have easily corrupted my clarity). However, a lot of detail regarding the house really felt like divine intention.  
 Here's how it happened... on a whim, I decided to look up the rentals in the area. I brought up the local paper online and found an ad that piqued my interest but I thought to myself "No, I don't want to take on additional rent - we are trying to save here". So I moved on Handball

It wasn't 10 minutes later that something pinged my mind. Out of the blue I get a thought "That house does have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms AND a basement. That is rarely found out here" So I went back online and looked up the address in google maps.

It looked promising. On yet another whim, I thought to myself, "It won't hurt to just go take a look at it." So I did. Oddly enough still, I felt the strong desire to program the rental contact number into the phone. That is something I NEVER do. ever.

So the kids and I take a little trip out to the rental. Initial view is that it is sooo much more than I had hoped. It was huge, with nearly 2 acres of land, beautiful trees, a back porch, the works. It was honestly nearly my vision of a dream home. So I called hubby. He acquiesced and I called the landlord. He came out and let me see it in less than 20 minutes! Laugh

Once inside, it was over. I was in love. The house is a bit outdated but has sooo much space, closets, room to roam and privacy that the cosmetics barely made a dent in my decision. I call hubby and he says to talk to the landlord and see if he would be willing to work with us.

So we go back to discuss the logistics (we were not in a position to put the payment on the property right away. We had to see if they were willing to accept the deposit in two weeks from then and then the first months rent at the start of the month.) Oh, and I had to meet his wife Big Grin

So by the end of the meeting, we have me signing the contract with the promise to get the deposit in two weeks and to have hubby sign the contract. He kept saying that he NEVER does stuff like that as people tend to back out and leave them hanging. I assured him that wasn't going to be the case, and he hands me the keys to the house! Faint

So you see, it FEELS like it was just met to be. And honestly, I pray that it *IS* met to be and I am not deluding myself.  I find that that whenever I try to force something I want that is NOT the Lord's will, it almost always ends in some climatic failure.

1 comments:

Erica said...

YAY! I'm excited for you. It sounds like everything just kind of fell into place for you with that. Hope that the move day goes well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...