Theme Preview Rss

To my little man...

Yesterday was my youngest child's birthday; our baby boy. It boggles the mind that he just turned FOUR.  Our BABY!  Until I had children I could never understand this sentimental whiny enigma of children's birthdays. Why would you be sad about their growth?  But as a mommy... I see the quandary.

Praise the Lord that my son, Mason, is well and thriving. I am so thankful to see him grow, both mentally and physically.  I adore it when he goes though a mental growth spurt and suddenly spouts something amazing for his age.  It is wonderful to see your children bloom.

But here is the enigma; we also are saddened with every year that passes. Having kids apparently makes you a sentimental old fool sap.(lol)  I cannot seem to wrap my brain around the fact that its another year added since he was an infant. Another year since he needed me night and day, both for my love and care but also as nourishment. As each year passes, so grows their independence. Year after year they thrive, grown and move away from you.  Eventually one day, I am going to wake up and my sons will be moving out, going to college, getting a job, getting married, having babies of their own!  It stops the heart dead in its tracks to think about it.

Yet all of this is normal?  Life truly is a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. For now, let me stop my random ramblings and say...

Happy 4th Birthday my sweet little Mason!

1 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Birthday to your son. What a cute smile he has in that picture!

I know what you mean about being saddened with each birthday. I never realized it would be so hard!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...