Theme Preview Rss

Uh, we are still alive

I was playing on facebook this afternoon when it struck me, I have not posted a single thing on my blog in far, far too long!

Doh!  

Sorry about that. We had the move, then added chickens, and basically life started taking over.  It's not like I didn't have free time - I did.  But I just kinda got... distracted.   

One reason is that cellular reception is very weak out here so getting online via my hotspot is quite a bit more frustrating and sometimes outright impossible. I am looking into buying and installing one of those cell signal boosters that install inside and outside antennas. Hopefully, once that upgrade is made, I will be online (and subsequently, at my blog) a lot more often.
We have had some things happening.  One of the baby chickens died as she was accidentally closed into a door by my oldest son.  He was heartbroken and cried so hard.  Of course, it had to be the BEST, Favorite chicken. sigh...

So we did what any normally mommy does... we went and picked out another one. And then another. LOL  So now we have 7 chickens.  I am excited though because the two newer babies are much sweeter and they are Americanas (sp?) which means they will lay colored eggs that vary between green and blue!  I am really looking forward to that! 

I am hoping to keep updated and back with new pictures too!  I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow! Have fun and keep cool! 

1 comments:

Erica said...

I'm the same way, getting distracted and forgetting to blog!

I love fresh eggs! One day I'd like to have some chickens. Of course this will be when we live on a bigger piece of property that we own, not rent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...